Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Scatter Cleaning

That's what I call my method of cleaning house.  It refers to my tendency to start cleaning in one room then get distracted by something in another room so that I wander around the house cleaning all day without finishing a single room. I usually end days like that exhausted and feeling defeated because I didn't finish anything. Well, last Saturday I decided that I'd be happy with what I DID accomplish rather than frustrated by my inability to focus on one single task. Sure, my room still has some clutter and it didn't get vacuumed, but I DID change the sheets and make the bed. The laundry isn't all done, but I DID wash, fold and put away 4 loads. The bathroom isn't spotless, but I DID clean off the counters and change out the towels. I could go on. I was busy all day and didn't complete any one room but I did get a lot done. Given that boost of confidence, I accomplished even more on Sunday - I still didn't finish any room but the house looks better. Sure, it's not
the way most people clean house, but I'm not MOST people! I think I may be on to something if I can keep this up.

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this post! (so you are not alone! smile) I go into a room with such good intentions to get so much done. Then I get so easily distracted with something that needs to go in another room...and end up in that room putting things away... I keep telling myself that One day I will get organized! (Just a dream)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill, thanks so much for posting!
    I'm glad to know I'm not alone. As for getting organized, I hear ya. I've invented (and forgotten) hundreds of organization schemes but can I stick with any of them? No!

    ReplyDelete